Sunday, February 13, 2011

My First Post!

I'm finally making my first blog post--it's about time I caught up with the rest of the craft world! I have images of talking to myself on the computer, but I've decided that I'll still enjoy seeing my own creations on the computer no matter what. But, if you're reading this, welcome!

I've been making cards for about 2.5 years now...although I've probably done done more hoarding of some great products than actually creating cards. Until late July 2010, I was working full time as a professor at a university in Pennsylvania. My husband, my (then) 4 year old daughter, and 3 month old son packed up and moved back to South Dakota where my husband is from...long story. And I will say, after putting the house up for sale with an 8 week old, packing up a house while working full time, and moving across the country with 2 small children, a cat and a Westie, I can do anything (or maybe I'm just crazy). Anyhoo, now I'm telecommuting part time as a research and evaluation consultant, which leaves me a little more energy for card making! Woo hoo!

My style is a little whimsical, a little graphic, although I do like the vintage craze going around. Stamping, die cutting, mixing patterned paper, I love it all.

If you've lasted this long, thanks for reading.

Jocelyn

3 comments:

  1. I was scrolling down to look at your other cards and see you just started your blog! Welcome to the blogosphere! Hope to see much more of you at Lawnscaping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the craft blog world, Jocelyn!! :o) I had visions of talking to myself on the computer when I started my blog, too -- but I'll be reading your blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not to good with comments, because i am not to safe writing english. But i have been reading your whole blogg, and i love it. You are so talented and creative. I really looking forward to se more from you in the future :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs