Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Happy Everything

Today we're having warmer weather (that means above freezing!), and it seems like spring is coming. In honor of spring, I decided to make a flower card.

Of course, I couldn't just make a flower using a flower die or flower stamp. Instead, I made a flower out of My Favorite Thing's kite die. Here's the card:
The kite layers didn't fit together evenly, so I overlapped them onto a cardstock base and then cut out the base. I used the new PTI Royal Velvet color--yummy! The stamp in the background (3 "flowers" in a row) is from Little Yellow Bicycle's Zinnia collection. Wow, two background stamped cards in a week?! Crazy!


Here's a close-up of the flower. I layered two buttons and sewed them to the card with metallic thread. Ugh, my sewing skills need improvement...my mother will cringe when she sees the crooked button. LOL!

Thanks for looking!

Here's the stuff for the card:
Cardstock: Royal Velvet (PTI), mustard (The Paper Studio)
Patterned Papers: Zinnia collection (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Stamps: Zinnia (Little Yellow Bicycle); Fillable Frames #5 (PTI)
Ink: Versamark; Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Buttons: Pure Poppy (PTI); orange button from the nice lady with the garage sale in Wellsboro, PA
Twine: Lemondrop (The Twinery)
Thread: Sulky




1 comment:

  1. Awesome card, Jocelyn! :o) Love the bold colours, and what a creative use of a kite die!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs