Friday, July 29, 2011

The Best Part of Waking Up...

Anyone like coffee? I'm not a coffee drinker, but I know most people covet their coffee (including my 12-cups-a-day husband). So plain old coffee was the inspiration for today's CAS card.


I'm playing along with Unity's Friends With Flair and used the beautiful coffee stamp from the Livin' and Lovin' Life KOM. Here's a close-up of that awesome stamp:


I first ran the"glorious" image from Ali Edwards's "Thick Awesome Words" set through Photoshop to adjust the color and size. Once I got the right pink (on ivory, the color changed a little), I printed the sentiment and then stamped and embossed the coffee cup. The navy houndstooth paper is from My Mind's Eye Lush 2 collection.

For those of you who read my last post, I'm in the middle of the garage sale. No mob today, but I have made enough to get some new goodies. Pus, I cleaned out my craft room and found some PTI ribbon I thought I had lost. Yeah!

Thanks for looking and thank you for your comments! Have a great weekend!

25 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the glorious font and color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love my coffee! Love all the great white space on this card. Glad the garage-sale piranhas haven't gotten to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, perhaps I should clean my craft closet too!Fun card, love that pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, love coffee. Enjoying an iced mocha at this very moment! I love that stamped image and the houndstooth too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This coffee cup is awesome! Love that bright pink font and who can resist houndstooth! Perfect combo Jocelyn! (I can't do coffee, I would love to, but it's the taste... I am a little addicted to tea though.. mmm)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn this is an adorable card. love that stamp..
    very creative with the glorious image..
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffee is glorious and so is your card!!! Good luck with the sale. Glad you found your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is glorious! Love the bright color with the simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am alllllll about caffiene! Lol great card, and good work on the rummage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card...I do love my coffee!! And I am from Wgtn.!! Good guess...how many Turkey Days can there possibly be out there?!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a coffee drinker myself, but I know those that are, are serious about it! This is a fun GAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card! I am one of those coffee drinkers so I can relate!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card:) Love the bold writing! Love garage sales too:) You get cash and others get to reuse what you have. Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great combo of image and sentiment....ummmmm...that coffee is steamingly inviting! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another Fabulous and gorgeous CAS card... Love it.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card--love the houndstooth accent. Glad to hear your making some more craft money and finding some "new" craft ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oohhh, I love the Ali Edwards sentiment and the houndstooth paper! I've been eyeing both versions from Hero Arts. ;) Glad you made enough moola for more craft goodies. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glorious for sure! I do enjoy my morning coffee - but could not consume 12 cups in a day - wow! I'd be super hyped!!!
    Love the coffee cup image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 12 cups?!!!!! That' awesome...I'm a big coffee-a-holic...LOVE your glorious card:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm supposed to be cutting down on the joe - yeah, not so much. It truly is glorious first thing in the a.m.
    12 a day? Does your husband twitch? lol
    Love the colours you've chosen, and the cup is so funky cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! That coffee cup works so well on its own with the big bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a glorious ;) card....I love that design! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't drink coffee either but I love the smell of it! That stamp rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs