Friday, August 3, 2012

Growing in Unity Day 5

Hi everyone! It's my last day of my Growing in Unity week. It's the most I've ever blogged in a single week-ha ha. Thank you for all the sweet comments...I really appreciated reading them! If you want to see the other GIU posts, you can see them HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.

My daughter is going back to school in a couple of weeks and will start first grade. I pack her lunch, and she loves to get a note from me. Admittedly, I often end up writing them on her napkin, but it's still a note, right? I thought I would use some Unity stamps to make a few legitimate lunchbox notes for her. Here's what I came up with:


Every time I see that little pig, I squeal with delight (pun intended). It's the cutest stamp! All three images are from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety set. Here's a close-up of the pig:



I simply stamped and colored the images, added some American Crafts papers, and adhered them to die cut lunchbox notes. It was an easy enough project, you could mass produce these. The images are on the front, and once you open them, there's room to write a little note:



Now that I look at it, I should have stamped the inside. Oops! I love how this set has enough images, you could make a lot of different notes or tags with them.

As part of GIU, Unity sponsors a giveaway. One lucky person will win two Itty Bittys of his/her choice! To enter to win, leave a comment on this post and the prior GIU posts from this week. All comments must be received by 9:00 AM tomorrow, and I'll randomly drawing a name. I'll post the winner this weekend.

Be sure to check out the Wishes sale over at Unity--there are some great bargains!

Thank you SO much for all the love this week. You all are the best! :)


Supplies
Stamps: (pig, sentiment, and bee in frame from Garden Variety) Unity
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Patterned Paper: (Shoreline collection) American Crafts
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Die: (Lunchbox Note) PTI


45 comments:

  1. That little piggy really is super cute and I love the papers you used here! Is your little one excited about first grade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are too fun....that little pig totally cracks me up...i love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, that pig is super cute. Great cards all week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great coloring of that pig and i love your cas design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your cute cards, the coloring on the pig is beautifully done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling cards today! I love the fun colors!
    It's been a great GIU week! I've enjoyed checking out your blog each day!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling cards today! I love the fun colors!
    Great GIU week! I've enjoyed checking out your blog each day!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the cards are super fun Jocelyn. This Piggy made me laugh actually:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful idea! My notes always go on the napkin too. Your cards are so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet idea for your daughter--she will love them.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are adorable! I almost want to embarrass my 12 & 13 yo boys with this...almost! I especially love that PIG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable! LOVE the pig but I love the bee too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just darling!!! LOVE that little piggy!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute cards. Nice paper choices and the pig is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both adorable! I love that pig...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeek, these are the cutest! I love how you coloured the pig and I think I need that die now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cards are just too, too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what fun and cute and happy cards. this is too cute, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super duper cute! I love making little note cards like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those cards are fabulous...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute idea. Any kiddo would love to have a sweet note like that in her lunch. I used to do the same thing, except I just wrote it on a notepad...Yours are cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are ADORABLE!! I love love love love that little pig!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These will bring such a smile to your daughter's face! The pig _is_ squeal-worthy, and perfectly coloured. The bee on its flowery paper is so sweet. Congrats on such an awesome GIU week, and all the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been packing lunches for a couple years and haven't once included a note. How sad is that? I guess I should start!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh...that piggie is so adorable!! My daughter loves pigs and I think your lunchbox cards will be a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are adorable, jocelyn! This reminds me to make some for my first grader, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh, your daughter is going to love these. how super sweet, something she will always remember, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards are so adorable! Love the pig!!! He is just so animated! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How sweet you are a good Mama! I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super cute! Love the bright colours! Great work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a sweet idea, your daughter is so lucky to have such a thoughtful mum like you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic Mom you are for sending along notes in your daughter's lunch. She must really enjoy seeing them! Your cards are so darling, the pig really cracks me up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable cards! Such a wonderful mommy to send notes to school :) She is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fun little piggy! I miss the days of lunch notes! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Adorable! That little piggy just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both way too cute!!! Love them both... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness...I am WITH you on the piggie!

    Similarly, I squeal and add a SNORT laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Jocelyn,

    I just love your clean style and your beautiful cards!
    Thank you for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  39. So sweet! I love these as lunchbox notes! A wonderful idea...your kids will remember this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are SUPER SUPER cute! LOOOOOOOOVE them both! FAB x10!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs