Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sew Perfect

Hi everyone! Thank you for the sweet comments about my Moxie Fab post. The kind words made me feel all mushy inside. :)

Everyone's busy, so let's get right to it. It's time for another Play Date Cafe challenge! Here are the colors:


And here's what I came up with:


I used the stitched boxes stamp from our sponsor this week, Jenni Bowlin, like a button card. Instead of buttons, I substituted layered hearts. I printed off some digital papers from Two Peas, die cut the hearts, and sewed two hearts together for each square.

Here's a close-up of the card:




I layered some vintage sewing patterns I have to fit with the sewing theme, and finished the card off with a sentiment I made in Photoshop.

Admittedly, I found these colors hard, but it's always good to challenge yourself, right?

If you want to play along, the winner will receive a prize from Jenni Bowlin:


You can link up your creations HERE. It's a two-week challenge this time. :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies
Cardstock: (Grapecicle) My Favorite Things, (white) PTI
Digital Patterned Papers: (navy damask and blue polka dot from Blue Sky) Baers Garten; (script and marbled brown from Mustard Sky) Adrienne Looman; (purple from Tweetheart Solids) Truman Studio all from Two Peas in a Bucket
Clear stamps: (Perf Marks) Jenni Bowlin
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Distress Ink: (Victorian Velvet) Ranger
(button, ecru floss, and sewing patterns) craft supply

15 comments:

  1. LOVE!! I always love the stitched hearts and your CAS design is perfect for this. Great work... off to Pin this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet colours and your stitched hearts are adorable! LoVe it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Jocelyn! Love the hearts and the button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the hearts and so IN LOVE with how you used the dress pattern!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserved all the mushy words & more :)
    I love what you came up with for these colours - I would have NO IDEA where to start! The peek-a-boo hearts are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never tire of your hybrid creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to see the different papers under your hearts! Love this design. And I was so excited to see you on Moxie Fab this week!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet, sweet design!!! love the quilt effect so much!!! JBS would be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! You really rocked these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO sweet, Jocelyn! I just love how you built your own "button card." That's a great use for stitched boxes! And what awesome digi papers. Love how you layered the hearts!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is so different from anything you've made before. I really love how you used the colours which would be difficult for me. It's fabulous how you incorporated a sewing pattern into your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found the colour palette difficult to work with too! I just love how you used the colours to create such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed this before! What a cool card - I love the different colour pops beneath the hearts and the offset pattern behind your main panel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs