Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Tag and a Bag

Hi Everyone! If you're looking for the Season's Givings blog hop card, please click HERE. I was overwhelmed at the sweet comments about the card. Thank you! And if you're a new follower, welcome. :)

After a two week break, it's time for another Play Date Cafe Challenge. Here are this week's colors:


I was pretty gaga over the colors...the orange is so cheerful! Here's the gift bag I created:




I die cut a PTI wine tag out of the Ruby Rock-It gingham paper and tucked the top part of the wine tag inside a small gift bag. I figured in a pinch, I could use the tag for a bottle of wine. ;)

The sentiment, house, door and window stamps and dies are from the Where the Heart Is stamp/die set. I used the "thanks" sentiment thinking I could put a small hostess gift inside (as in thank you for your hospitality).

Here's a close-up to see the house and the cute arrow paper clip better:



When I was done, I thought the bag needed one more orange element at the top. I don't have any orange tissue paper, so instead, I took an orange Copic marker and quickly drew stripes on a piece of white tissue paper. Problem solved, and it was cheaper than buying specialty tissue paper. :)

If you would like to play along with this week's PDCC color challenge, you can link up your project HERE. We love seeing your projects!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Patterned Paper: (Miscellanea from the Cook line) Ruby Rock-It
Clear Stamps: (house, windows, door, sentiment from Where the Heart Is) Simon Says Stamp
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento; (Antique Linen Distress Ink) Ranger
Markers: Copic
Dies: (house from Where the Heart Is) Simon Says Stamp; (Wine Tag and Picket Fence) Papertrey Ink
Accessories: (arrow clip) Kikkerland

18 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Jocelyn! Way to make your own striped tissue paper. I never would've guessed if you hadn't explained what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love that house! Fabulous work with the colours. Love the homemade stripes on the tissue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB fab FAB! Especially the 'custom made copic paper'.... it's genius Jocelyn! Hope 2013 is all you wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love that little house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Lovely idea....Hmmmm!!! clever idea for the handmade design in tissue paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Love the orange with the pale blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This project has so much homespun fun all rolled up in it. Genius! I love how you made your own striped tissue paper. You are always thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh but this is awesome! Love how you worked the colours together. (And I say, keep the wine, use the bag as is and put something else in it. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the coloring, the little fence piece and the tissue paper stripes! Genius idea, Jocelyn! And happy new year to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute gift bag Jocelyn!! Love the white picket fence!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this color combo - what a happy project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the tip of drawing on tissue paper. What a cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Jocelyn! Hope you guys had an awesome Christmas and Santa spoiled you all. :)

    How did you get those stripes to look so perfect??? Loving the colour combo and the jaunty placement of the fence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun Jocelyn~that arrow clip caught my eye...then I read about your homemade stripes in the tissue. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs